Monday, 18 April 2016

Bringing Nature Into Your Home: Week 7

When I was in my twenties I began paying attention to the rhythms of the natural world. As I became more attuned to these seasonal changes I felt more connected to all life. Today I'm very grateful to live in a place where there are four very different and beautiful seasons. They each provide an endless source of joy and inspiration to me.

Setting up a Nature Table / Seasonal Table is one of the ways that we celebrate the changes that are happening around us. It also encourages us to live in harmony with those natural cycles. While this is a great activity to do with children, I would highly recommend it to anyone of any age. All you need is a small table or shelf. We often make a sign, gather items from the forest, make crafts, write poems, read books and prepare food that is in harmony with the season. Happy Spring!





2 comments:

  1. wonderful set up. Love the book.
    my spring is a table, in my dining room, with wave petunias in full bloom from last year.

    ReplyDelete