Tuesday, 24 May 2016

Making Tools from the Landscape

You never know when someone will come along and inspire you to try something new. A few days ago my friend introduced me to Nick Neddo, a Vermont artist who makes his tools from the landscape. His art is stunning and his book, The Organic Artist, has captivated me. Maybe it's because I love making art with materials that I gather in the wild and the idea of making my own tools and art supplies takes my process to a whole new place. Today I made simple pens out of sticks that I gathered. This was so much fun and I can't wait to make ink and try them out on birch bark and home-made paper. As I experiment with making these tools and incorporate them into my art I will share my experiences with you here. I'm curious to see where this will lead:)

 Reading The Organic Artist by Nick Neddo

 My Pens

No comments:

Post a Comment